Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TMJ appliance


As the Hair Club president was also a client; so I must also tend to dental issues.
I am genetically missing a tooth. A lateral incisor to be exact. As a result my orthodontist did the best he could with a compromised situation. My jaw as you could imagine is not perfectly lined up. I wear a night guard and this helps greatly. It relieves the clicking and popping. The guard buffers improper pressures and helps to relax the muscles. I have taken a course on such problems and learned to take specific measurements and realign the jaw. Today I received my new "Digitally Corrected" night guard. By placing the jaw in a corrected position (allowing my muscles to relax) I should help relieve muscle tension and jaw stiffness. I will wear it tonight and give feedback as to what I am feeling.

No comments: