Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Digital Makeover


The Digital Makeover Term may have been coined by someone else, but I like to think it is my invention...

I majored in Studio Art in my college years. Sculpting in bronze, clay and wax and painting in oil and watercolour I have gained a skill set I believe is perfect for dentistry. In the digital world we live in I am happy to have trained in Photoshop. Merging digital ability to change photographs and knowing the limitations of dentistry I can effectively show my patients realistic before and afters. When we are going to commit much time, energy and finances to a large proceedure I produce a digital mockup of what we should expect. I find this helps patients physically see what I can do for them and not just "trust me"....For the most part it gets us to share the vision and come into agreement on proposed treatments. Above you will see an actual case that we have completed and continues to looking and feeling great two years later. In fact...people think their teeth look better than the Digital Makeover does!

No comments: