Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Invisalign Braces and Straight Teeth

Around 4 years old I was sitting in the dental chair having my first filling. I thought it was cool. You might think I was crazy but truly it was the birth of my career. I found all through my schooling that the things I enjoyed were just the skills I would need to be a dentist. It was a perfect match..or maybe a calling. I went through my teen years with a mouthful of metal. I had major orthodontic work due to a missing tooth. In my situation with our current technology I would still have needed traditional braces. Invisalign is a great new (relative to my orthodontic treatment) technology available. The principles of tooth movement work if we use metal, plastic or rubber bands. The beautiful thing about invisalign is that it can be removed. The teeth can be brushed, and flossed normally. Yes there is physically something on your tooth most of the day, however with metal braces this is true as well AND unsightly. With mild to medium movements invisalign is a great choice. I have patients from family members to TV stars who find using invisalign quite simple. Usual treatments range from 6 months to one year. Straighter teeth that are easier to clean and keep clean, the gum tissue also remains healthier.
Dental proceedures and products have changed dramatically since I was in braces but straight teeth have always looked nicer. The great thing is now they can look nice AS we straighten!

No comments: